You want a straighter smile, but you don’t know how you want to achieve it. There are a few options: traditional braces or Invisalign. How do you know which one to choose? You don’t want a mouth full of metal brackets and wires, but do clear braces really work? Let us help with your internal struggle and explain why so many adults are choosing Invisalign in Farmington over traditional braces.
Invisalign vs. Traditional Braces
When deciding how you want to straighten your smile, there are some significant differences between Invisalign and traditional braces. Invisalign aligners are customizable trays that represent your smile at each stage of the process until reaching the desired result. You wear them for about two weeks before moving on to a new tray. Traditional braces use metal brackets and wires to move teeth into position.
Here are a few more to consider:
- Color. Invisalign braces are clear. Traditional braces are composed of metal brackets and wires.
- Permanency. You can remove Invisalign braces, but traditional braces must stay on 24/7.
- Results. You will see quicker results with Invisalign vs. traditional braces. (months vs. years)
- Irritation. Invisalign braces don’t cause gum irritation like traditional braces with metal wires.
The Benefits of Invisalign
For most teenagers, traditional braces are often a rite of passage. The “metal mouth” look with colored bands is normal. However, as an adult, you may want to ditch the metal for a more aesthetically-pleasing approach. This is where Invisalign comes in. If the differences listed above aren’t enough to persuade you to choose Invisalign, here are a few additional benefits:
- Hiding your treatment. Because Invisalign aligners are clear, no one around you will know you have them in.
- Eating is easy. Unlike traditional braces that can make eating more difficult, Invisalign braces are removable. Just remove the aligners before you eat or drink and continue to enjoy eating the foods you love!
- Quicker results. With Invisalign, you can expect to have straighter teeth in as little as six months, depending on your dental needs. That sounds a lot better than a few years with metal braces!
- Fewer visits to the dentist. While traditional braces require more frequent trips to the dentist for adjustments, wearing Invisalign means you only visit your dentist every 6 to 8 weeks to make sure your treatment is on track.
- Teeth movement. Invisalign aligners gently move your teeth into a more desirable position with minimal soreness, whereas traditional metal brackets and wires force teeth to move, causing discomfort.
- Easy to maintain. Just brush and rinse your aligners in lukewarm water and continue to brush and floss your teeth regularly. There’s no need for a water pick to help you maneuver around the brackets and wires.
Why Adults Choose Invisalign
More adults are choosing Invisalign because they are discreet, provide more flexibility, are convenient and comfortable, and they take less time.
Crooked teeth can cause dental health problems like chewing, issues with speech, and even dental decay because of the difficulty in keeping them clean. Straighter teeth make it difficult for bacteria and food to hide in crevices, allowing you to experience a healthy, more beautiful smile.
A straighter smile doesn’t have to come with the long-term commitment of traditional braces. Talk to your dentist in Farmington about Invisalign and be on your way to a straighter smile in no time!
About the Practice
Integrity Dental offers the care you need in a comfortable and welcoming environment. We work with our patients to develop a personalized treatment plan and provide honest communication about ethical practices. Looking to straighten your smile but don’t know how? Contact us at (505) 327-0441 to learn how we can help.